Saturday, March 7, 2009

All England 2009: Only 50% meet my prediction

.
Well, not much great moment for me. The quarterfinal matches started at 1AM last night (Malaysian time), the time when I turned off my brain in bed.

After performing Fajr prayer at 6.30 AM, I immediately checked the results.

Very disappointing, that is the only thing I can say right now. Many of my favourites were shown an exit by the underdogs. With the early withdrawal of Anthony Clark/Nathan Robertson and recently Lee Jung Hyo/Lee Kyung Won, my prediction already turned up side down.

My previously predicted semifinalists:

Women's single:
Tine Rasmussen (DEN) [1] .................... IN
Zhou Mi (HK) [2] ................................. OUT
Zhu Lin (CHI) [6] ................................. OUT
Saina Nehwal (IND) unseeded .............. OUT

Men's single:
Lee Chong Wei (MAS) [1] ...................... IN
Peter Gade (DEN) [4] ........................... OUT
Chen Jin (CHI) [3] ................................ IN
Lin Dan (CHI) [2] ................................. IN

Women's double:
Cheng Wen Hsing/Chen Yu Chin (TPE) [1] ......... OUT
Lee Jung Hyo/Lee Kyung Won (KOR) [3] ........... OUT (withdrawn)
Du Jing/Yu Yang (CHI) [4] ................................ IN
Zhang Yawen/Zhao Tingting (CHI) [7] ............... IN

Men's double:
Lee Yong Dae/Shin Baek Choel (KOR) [6] .......... IN
Anthony Clark/Nathan Robertson (ENG) [8] ..... OUT (withdrawn)
Mathias Boe/Carten Morgensen (DEN) [5] ......... IN
Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (CHI) [7] ........................... IN

Mix Double:
Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir (INA) [1] .......... OUT
Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung (KOR) [2] ........... OUT
Anthony Clark/Donna Kellog (ENG) [4] .......... OUT
He Hanbin/Yu Yang (CHI) [3] ......................... IN

Check the results at: Tournamentsoftware.com

Well, as a fan, I have nothing to lose. It's only a prediction after all. But I do hope Lee Chong Wei and Tine Rasmussen can become the champions.

No comments: