Saturday, May 25, 2019

Samsung Weather Widget Not Updating on The Hour... Here is my solution

I'm using Samsung A8 which I bought in 2018. I experienced the problem last two weeks when I tried new theme, new wallpaper and recustomized my weather widget after an OS update. Actually it was not the OS update that caused the problem, it was the action of removal of weather widget and putting it back that caused the widget to be 'offline' or not updating. I have tried a few solutions posted on forums but none of those worked for me.

I cannot guarantee that my technique will work for you but I'm sure it still worth trying. So, here is my simple solution:
1) Open your weather widget from your home screen.
2) Remove all the additional cities (except the current location)
3) Restart phone (if necessary)
4) Add additional cities (at least one city)
Your weather widget should be working now :)


Press the three-dots on the top right, then press Delete. Make sure you delete all the cities.


Good luck folks! Let me know if it works for you.

No comments: