Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm for the second time a millionaire...

.
Tomorrow I'll fly to Vietnam. I'm going to attend a seven days workshop on Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology, which is to be held at Nha Trang. What is in my mind now is how to get halal food there, since Vietnam is definitely NOT a food heaven for a Muslim. Besides, now is the month of Ramadan, which means we're fasting. Alhamdulellah, I'm not alone. I'll be accompanied by my colleage, Zakuan. Later we'll see how well we handle the situation.

Yesterday I changed my Ringgit to Vietnam Dong at Tesco, Taiping. I round the number to 1 million Dong. It costs me RM230. Although I'm not happy with the exchange rate but being a Dong millionaire is enough to offset the feeling. Yes, I'm a millionaire now!

Actually, this is not my first time being a millionaire, I used to be one in 2001 when I went to Medan, Indonesia with my mom and auntie for a week vacation.

I wonder why a lot of people are so eager of becoming millionaires, in fact these two countries have the most millionaires in the world, in fact billionaires. Dong or Rupiah millionaire... What say you?

No comments: