Saturday, February 12, 2011

When I dream of Narnia


I'm a big fan of Narnia Chronicles since the release of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in 2005. I was so impressed with those animal characters. They were so human and realistic. Moreover the fantasy world that extend far beyond my imagination had added spices to the movie. The fact is that I always enjoyed watching Sci-Fi and fantasy movies. Narnia will definitely be one of my all time favourites. For that I didn't blow the chance to watch the subsequent Narnia Chronicles: Prince Caspian (2008) and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010).

I admire most of the characters, which made me missed Susan and Peter for not appearing in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. While the two youngest Pevensie's, Lucy and Edmund have grown and shown maturity in their characters, the newly introduced clumsy nerd character of Eustace Scrubb was rather impressive. Thumbs up to Will Poulter for playing the role excellently! He was so fired up (already before he turned into a dragon). Although I hardly understood, I enjoyed listening to his ‘very thick’ English accent too.

I watched DVD The Voyage of the Dawn Treader quite late at night. Didn't realize I fell asleep after almost half way. The only thing I remembered I got sucked into Narnia and was fighting with the evil pirates while trying to find my way back to the real world. I played no character by the way, it was just me, surprisingly as a young kid! In my dream it was so mixed up and confusing. Suddenly I heard a disquieting sound, "The time now is six ten A.M.!". Okay that's my handphone's alarm. Alhamdulellah, I'm back to the real world. What a relief! I'll make sure there'll be no more late night movies in the future.

In your dream, you may appear as a young or an old you
Specky prince, eh? Sorry Caspian, I laughed a lot when I look at me like this

The pictures above were just an example of the manifestation of my own fantasy. Yes, it is about 'the amazing', 'the weirdo', 'the fantastic', etc. but it can never be true. I know it's fun but always put limit to our imagination. So it's time to wake up! I hope you understand what world of fantasy is all about.

No comments: