Saturday, January 23, 2010

BWF Malaysia Open 2010 Semifinal

.
I may not be a badminton fanatic but have been in love with badminton since I was a kid. Badminton, no doubt is a popular sport for most Malaysians. For the first time in my life I went to watch live action from some of the top badminton players of the world at Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil in Kuala Lumpur. I went there with Sudirman, my office-mate cum badminton playmate.

Being one of the spectators at a live Badminton Super Series tournament, was it not exciting? Hey, it was more than exciting! Thanks to my housemate Khairuldin who came out with the idea two weeks before the tournament. Simply because he is undergoing training in Taiwan, otherwise he would have joined us with the rest of the spectators.

Proton, the main BWF Malaysia Open sponsor exhibits the Lotus Elise SC
Sudirman could not stop staring the eyes of Lotus... hehe


I'm always a big fan of Peter Gade and Lee Chong Wei


Look how Peter Gade launces a powerful attack on Boonsak Ponsana
(I uploaded this video on youtube)


Beaten at last. Peter Gade lost to Boonsak in rubber set

Thomas Laybourn and Kamilla Rytter Juhl celebrate after beating the Thais in a hard fought match

We really enjoyed the semifinal. Although we came from a far distance (Kulim to KL), it was worth it. I'm happy to see two Malaysian representatives in the final. I hope both Lee Chong Wei and double pair of Koo Kean Keat and Tan Boon Heong can win the titles.

No comments: